Updating iData Mobile Datafiles to Work with
iData Mobile Plus
The biggest difference between the original iData
Mobile and iData Plus is that iData Mobile Plus uses .id3-format
datafiles, rather than .idm-format. When iData Mobile was first
developed, iOS couldn’t handle multi-styled text and embedded
images in freeform text, so we had to come up with a datafile
format that used mono-styled text. That constraint is now gone,
so iData Mobile Plus can use the original iData 3/iData Pro 4
Any .idm datafile can be exported in .id3 format
1. Open an .idm datafile in iData Pro 4.
2. Synchronize to other versions on mobile devices if
necessary, to make sure that this is the most current version.
3. Review the datafile settings, as the .id3 version
will be set to the default settings. (Select Datafile
Settings... under the File menu.)
4. Select Save As iData Pro Datafile under the File menu
and save the .id3 version to your datafiles folder.
5. Update the datafile settings, if necessary.
6. The Sync ID will also be deleted, so use Save As
New Sync File… under the File menu
to synchronize the new version to iData Mobile Plus on your
iPhone and/or iPad.
Be sure to look through the online User
Guide for iData Mobile Plus to see other changes between
iData Mobile and iData Mobile Plus.